It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in North Texas
- Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
- Educating North Texas about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
Komen North Texas serves thousands of North Texas women in 8 counties as the local source for funding programs that:
- provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured North Texas residents
- provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment
We empower North Texas residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and dedicate the remaining 25 percent to national research to find the cures.
Since 1991, Komen North Texas has invested more than $9 million into North Texas via its annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically-under served North Texas residents.
Komen North Texas
is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating North Texas
about breast cancer and the resources available along with funding life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. Komen North Texas
funding has provided the following:
- 6,700 North Texans with breast health educational materials
- 5,000 clinical breast exams, mammograms, or diagnostic services to North Texans
- 57 breast cancers detected
- 140 North Texans received treatment assistance
- 300North Texans received access to support services like transportation, patient navigation, and counseling
Join Komen North Texas
in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time
, host a fundraiser
or speak about this disease across North Texas
. You can know your normal
and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today
. We're here to partner with you.
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.