Background Image

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube

Community News

Melwood Car Donation Program
Melwood Car Donation

Donate your used car, van, truck, boat with a trailer, or recreational vehicle to Susan G. Komen North Texas, seven days a week, 24 hours a day.  The proceeds from the sale of our donated….

Read More
Fundraise for Komen North Texas while you shop at Kroger
2013PlanoRFTC - Kroger JPG

Kroger is committed to helping our communities grow and prosper.  Year after year, local schools, churches and other nonprofit organizations will earn millions of dollars through Kroger Community Rewards®.  Kroger Community Rewards makes fund-raising easy…all you have….

Read More
Shop AmazonSmile and Support Komen North Texas
2013 Amazon Smile

AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Komen North Texas every time you shop online, at no cost to you.  Simply select the organization you’d like to support, and Amazon will….

Read More

Komen Spotlight

Financial Resources
Financial Resources

Did you know that there are many financial resources that can help people living with breast cancer? Find out more  

Read More

Preventive Surgery for Women at High Risk of Breast Cancer
Preventive Surgery for Women at High Risk of Breast Cancer

Most women are not at high risk for breast cancer.   However, having certain inherited gene mutations can greatly increase the risk of breast cancer. The most common and most well recognized are mutations in the BRCA1andBRCA2 genes …..

Read More

Our Mission
It's simple. We're fighting breast cancer in North Texas. How?
  • Funding programs that support those in the fight to save lives
  • Educating North Texans about breast cancer risk factors, the importance of early detection and the resources that are available to them
What We Do

Komen North Texas serves thousands of North Texas men and women in 8 counties as the local source for funding programs that:

  • provide low-cost or free screening mammograms, diagnostic testing and breast cancer treatment to uninsured or underinsured North Texas residents
  • provide support services before, during and after breast cancer treatment

We empower North Texas residents with information about the importance of early detection and breast health.
We donate 75 percent of net funds raised to vital local breast health services, and invest the remaining 25 percent in national research to find the cures.
Since 1991, Komen North Texas has invested more than $10 million into North Texas via our annual community grants program to fund breast health programs and services for medically under-served North Texas residents.

The Difference We Make
Komen North Texas is part of the big picture to eradicate breast cancer. But we're also focused on the local needs of our neighbors. We are dedicated to educating North Texans about breast cancer and the resources available along with investing in life-saving screening and treatment programs for our neighbors currently battling this disease. In 2013, Komen North Texas funding has done the following:
  • Provided 6,359 North Texans with breast health educational materials
  • Enabled 2,228 North Texans to receive clinical breast exams, mammograms, or diagnostic services
  • Funded the detection of 30 breast cancers
  • Helped 83 North Texans receive treatment assistance
  • Empowered 1,859North Texans to have access to support services like transportation, patient navigation, and counseling
The Difference You Make
Join Komen North Texas in the fight to beat breast cancer. You can donate your time or resources, host a fundraiser or speak about this disease across North Texas. You can know your normal and encourage those around you to know theirs. You can be a listening ear and strong shoulder to family and friends who are in the battle. And you can be an inspiration and tell your story as a survivor. There is a place for you in this fight. Your dollar might be the one that ultimately finds one of the cures. Your presentation might encourage a listener to get a mammogram and find her cancer at an earlier stage. Contact us today. We're here to partner with you.
Contact Us
We're always only a click or a call away. However you reach us, we are always happy to help you.

Our Sponsors

  • Sally Beauty Holdings
  • HP
  • Scroll – Alcatel-Lucent

The Susan G. Komen® Promise:

To save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.

Charity Navigator   
Help & FAQs | Report Improper Conduct | Privacy Policy

Susan G. Komen North Texas
P.O. Box 261730
Plano, TX 75026
P: 972-378-4808
F: 972-378-4809
info@komennorthtexas.org

Office Hours
Monday – Thursday 8 AM – 5 PM
Friday 9 AM – 1 PM

Go to Top