Your Team, Your Impact
Participating in the Susan G. Komen North Texas Denton Race for the Cure® with a team multiplies the fun, the laughter and maybe even the tears that you share on Race Day. Rally around someone you know who was just diagnosed, someone who has fought the battle, or someone who may have lost the battle. Together, with your friends, family and co-workers, you make an even greater impact than you could alone.
Signing Up Your Team
You can either reform your team from last year or start a new team. Invite your friends, family members, co-workers, and neighbors to be a part of your team. Please review the Team Captain Packet for more information about starting your team.
Please note that in order to receive free packet mailing, team members must register online by midnight on September 9th. Anyone who registers online after September 9th or who registers by mail must pick up their packet the week before the Race at our Packet Pick-Up location. If your Team Captain is collecting paper registration forms to turn in at one time, please do so by midnight on September 9th in order to guarantee processing prior to Race day. Only registrations processed by 5pm on September 26th will be counted towards Team awards.
Team Discount Codes
If you are signing up a corporate team, and your place of business would like to pay for all or a portion of the registration fees for each team member, please email email@example.com for information about corporate billing.
Team T-Shirt Contest
Show your team spirit by designing a team t-shirt and entering it into our Most Creative Team T-Shirt Contest!
- Please refrain from using the following colors as your main t-shirt color: pink (reserved for Survivors), yellow (reserved for committee), and bright blue (reserved for volunteers)
- You may use our Official Race Team Insignias on your shirts (seen at the bottom of this web page). These insignias must not be altered in any way.
- Use of the Running Ribbon outside of the insignia is strictly prohibited.
How to Enter the Most Creative Team T-Shirt Contest:
- Create your t-shirt following the guidelines listed above
- Submit your t-shirt via mail (Komen North Texas, PO Box 261730, Plano TX 75026) or at packet pick-up the week before the Race. All entries must be received by 5pm on September 26th. Please make sure that you safety-pin your Team Captain’s name, email address, phone number, and Team Name to the inside of the shirt.
- Vote for your t-shirt at the Team T-Shirt Tent on Race day! You vote with your dollars, so make sure you and your team members bring cash or checks on Race day. The t-shirt with the most money will win the Most Creative Team T-Shirt Contest! Have your team stick around for the Survivor Ceremony and Awards to see if you’ve won!
Friendly Competition – Create sub-teams within your organization!
If you want to have a friendly competition between areas, departments, branches in your company, school, hospital, etc., then you can have more than one team! Just make sure each team captain puts the same organization name in the Company Name field when creating the team. When registration and fundraising close, we will roll all of the teams up to the Organization Name. Your teams can have more fun, more participants, more money raised and more prizes! Let the competition begin!
Fundraising is Easy with Online Tools!
When you register for the Race you automatically receive your own fundraising website. Teams receive an additional Team fundraising page. Your Team page is a website that friends and family can visit to find a team member or give a donation that supports the fundraising efforts of the entire team. Personalize your Race fundraising website. Use it to tell friends and family why you participate in the Race for the Cure. You can even accept donations online, right from your fundraising website. To make your page more dynamic, upload a link to a video clip or activate the blog feature. All of this and more is waiting for your Team once you register for the Race! Team fundraising for the Race is easy with online tools!
Official Race Team Insignias
For EPS files of these insignias, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.