Up to 75 percent of the net funds raised by Komen North Texas stays in our 13-county service area to fund breast health education, breast cancer screening, and treatment projects.  The remaining 25 percent of net funds supports the national Susan G. Komen Research Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards, and educational and scientific conferences around the world.

Current North Texas Funding Priorities

  1. Direct patient service projects that include evidence-based patient navigation for patients that reside in the 13 county service area. Patient navigation must follow the individual from abnormal screening to diagnostic resolution and through treatment, if necessary.
  2. Projects that provide no cost or low cost screening/diagnostic/treatment services, mobile mammography, diagnostic/treatment co-pay and deductible assistance, transportation and interpreter services.
  3. Direct patient service projects that include evidence-based and culturally relevant breast cancer education in one-on-one and group settings. Projects must be designed to result in documented age-appropriate, breast cancer action (e.g., getting a screening mammogram, obtaining recommended follow-up after an abnormal mammogram).