- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
Plano Volunteer Page
Thank you for signing up as a volunteer for the 2017 Plano Race for the Cure! This webpage will house all important Plano Race volunteer information – check back regularly!
Plano Race for the Cure
The Plano Campuses of HPE and The Campus at Legacy
5400 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024
Saturday, June 10, 2017
4:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (see your shift time(s) for exact times)
- Wear sunscreen and bug spray.
- A continental breakfast and coffee is provided at the Volunteer Tent.
- Volunteer t-shirts are given out to the first 250 volunteers who check-in on Race morning.
- Review the information in the position description as well as in your sign-up confirmation and reminder emails for shift details.
- Make sure to check-in at the Volunteer Tent when you arrive for your shift before you head to your volunteer station. Please allow time for parking and check-in.
- Drink plenty of water – there are several water stations throughout the Race course and Sponsor Circle. Please make sure to stay hydrated and let your volunteer leader know if you need to take a break.
- Make a note of the road closure timing on the Parking Map so you know the appropriate place to park.
Can I bring a friend?
All volunteers must sign up to work at our event. To save time, please sign up online before 5pm on Friday, June 10th.
Do I have to sign up online?
Yes. All volunteers must sign up for our event online.
I volunteer every year. Do I have to register again?
Yes. All volunteers must sign up for their Race volunteer shifts every year. If you’ve forgotten your username and password, click either “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password” on this page.
What should I wear?
Wear something loose and comfortable for your volunteer shift. Volunteers should wear closed-toe shoes. The first 250 volunteers who check in for their shift at the Volunteer Tent will be given a volunteer shirt to wear.
Is there a place for me to store my belongings while I am volunteering?
Komen North Texas is not responsible for the belongings of our participants or volunteers. Please leave your personal items in the trunk of your car. It might be helpful to bring along a small backpack or fanny pack for small items.
Can my kids come with me?
Kids over the age of 10 may sign up for certain shifts if they are accompanied by an adult. Please check the minimum age requirements posted for each position. For safety and liability reasons, children not registered for a volunteer shift will not be allowed to accompany you while you volunteer. If you have registered for a volunteer shift, please have another parent or guardian available to watch your child. All volunteers must sign up online.
Can I bring my dog with me?
No pets are allowed on the Race site (with the exception of service pets).
What if I need to leave early?
We ask that all volunteers stay for the entirety of their shift. If you finish your volunteer assignment early, please return to the Volunteer Tent to be assigned to another job. Roads leading out of the Race site are closed until 10:30. Review the Parking Map for more information on road closures.
Can I be assigned with my group?
Volunteer positions are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If your group has requested a private volunteer link, please ask your group leader for that link to sign up with your group.
Can I volunteer for and run in the 5K or 1-Mile Family Fun Run?
Only volunteers whose shifts do not overlap with the 5K start time and who have registered and paid to participate in the 5K may run/walk in the Race.
If you have questions about your volunteer position, please email email@example.com.